Thursday, September 3, 2009

living conditions.

ciao amici!
(hello friends!)

I'm really sorry I haven't updated my blog but this whole jet lag thing really is hard to get over. So for those other than family who don't know my living conditions, I'll explain what I came to when I arrived. My room was blazing hot.. felt like an oven in there, was extremely tiny, (no air conditioning) and I absolutely hate my bedroom! The only good thing about it is that I got there before my other roomates and was able to get the single bed rather than the bunk beds... You can barely walk in the room.. there's very limited storage/closet space, and the mattresses must be like 20 years old.. you can pretty much feel the springs on your back. The balcony is super small, and is caged in.. I feel like I'm in jail.

I walked into my friend Taahir & Josh's room... they had air conditioners, 2 bedrooms with very nice sized rooms, a balcony that wraps around the corner of the building and fairly better furniture. I almost had a heart attack! It was ridiculous. But anyway... apparently the air conditioning is only an option in that room and so they shut it off on them but the living space is just so much bigger! Well.. Since my roomates came in, we've been trying to get our room changed since just about everyone we've met has a much larger apartment. It's been a few days and we were able to see the apartment right above us which has a slightly larger bedroom (anything is better than what we have) and a bigger balcony that's not caged in. Definately a bit better, and I think we're going to take it.

Hopefully things are better upstairs.
Ciao for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment